Video Embed Pro
This is the quickest and easiest way to add YouTube videos to your website, no HTML skills required. With our YouTube video player embed plugin, you can embed YouTube videos into your Joomla articles simply by copying and pasting a video's URL from YouTube into any Joomla article. You will have access to all of the YouTube Player API settings from within the backend of Joomla; this will allow you to customize the player to fit your site's needs.
We needed a simple way for our clients to add YouTube videos to their website’s, all of the extensions on the JED all required our clients to know some form of coding to add a video there did not seem to be any easy solution out there. So we set out the develop the simplest solution possible for our clients and I think we did just that, copy and paste the video share link in to any Joomla article, it’s that simple our plugin does are of the hard work for you.
Director of web development
Setup & Configuration
After you have installed the extension you will want to create a new menu item.
- Once you have installed the plugin make sure to go to the plugin manager do a search for CSW and enable this plugin.
- You can edit the plugin and change the player's default size to fit your website's needs.
- Once you are happy with the plugin settings you can start using the plugin, to get started go to YouTube and find a video and click on the "Share" button and copy the URL.
- Now paste the share URL in to any article and save it, now if everything was setup correctly the URL should now be getting replased by the video play on the front end of your website.
- Works with Joomla 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x, 3.0.x
- Set the player's width and height
- Two fields to set both of the player's colors
- Enable / Disable the player's border
- Enable / Disable the player's full screen option
- Enable / Disable the player's auto play option
- Enable / Disable the player's HD option
- Enable / Disable the video's related video option
- Enable / Disable the YouTube logo (using the modest branding, "modestbranding" option)
- Supports YouTube Playlist URLs NEW
Supported Video Sites:
- Vine NEW
- College Humor
- eBaum's World
The plugin now supports YouTube playlists, and we added a new video service Vine https://www.vine.co
We rolled out a brand new version of our YouTube embed pro extension, we are now calling it Video Embed Pro, the reason for the name change is simple the extension now supports many other video service providers. The extension now supports the following video providers: YouTube, Vimeo, Screenr, Twitvid, Keek, College Humor, DailyMotion, eBaum's World, StupidVideos, and FunnyOrDie. If there is a service provider that we left out let us know and we will see about getting it added to the next release.
The YouTube plugin now supports Joomla 3.0 and is compatible with the K2 extension.
Rewritten to work with all of the different YouTube URLs including the new short URL system (http://youtu.be).