Sorry for not posting often. Your about to hear why.
So during construction of said dress somehow the set backs highly frusterated me and I had to bunch it up, throw it into a pile while blurting out bad words and take a break.
First somehow managed to put panels on wrong so ripped seems and redid. Then I gathered the skirt and attached to the bodice sewing the three seam lines it called for and then having niece try it on. My sister noticed an error and brought it to my attention. Somehow when sewing the skirt to the bodice I managed to sew the sew off about 2 inches...She tried to tell me it wasn't a big deal but well I am a tad bit of a perfectionist (which of course meant that all the little flaws I am seeing done on said dress is driving me bonkers!) So I sat and looked and sat and cursed at this "devil" dress before finally ripping all the seams and shifting over the fabric resewing it in place and calling it a day. Of course this means the gathers are a bit messed up but well I gotta just take it as a learning experience and move on..I am going to find some kind of beaded fringe to add to this area to hid the bad gathering. Then it was on to the zipper...
Yes I fought tooth and nail to avoid adding a zipper but their mundane wants had me applying it.. For those that know, zippers are a pain to attach. Course managed most of it good except the fact that it didnt sew to the liner so had to redo those stitches as well and then rip the seam to reveal said zipper...This process took about two days and even more cursing. I do not like the top of zipper area. I think I may have had the zipper placed too high but again, she wants it done so I am taking these small oopsies and using them for future refrenece.
Once zipper was in place I attached the bodice lining down and had her try it on. She is a size 6 but I am making a size 8 so she can use it for a few years. Of course this meant that she swims in it. And because it was so big her chest would actually be exposed. Not wanting her to have to wear mundane clothes under. I raised the shoulders and added two small folds near the armpits on the neckline to raise the bodice up higher, but without having to cut anything off so as she grows we can snip the folds and it will be the side it needs to be. I also did an initial hem having to cut off at least 4 -6 inches of fabric so she wouldnt trip on it.
At that is left is adding the lace on neckline, add the trim, adding beaded fringe to conceal gather errors, final hem and finish all the inside seams because its fraying and dont want it to fray too bad. Hoping this will all be done by Friday and I can completed this project and move onto the next. Course will still have to make her a matching pouch now and a new necklace for the dress...
Can't wait to be finished...